Smyrna High School has a proud tradition of excellence. It is the goal of our staff and students to continue and to build upon this excellence each school year. Smyrna High School students have many opportunities to explore a variety of academic programs, athletic teams, and student activities. For some of the details about these opportunities please explore the Smyrna High School website.
We will start this school year with approximately 1620 students. The Smyrna High School motto is "Making Connections & Building Dreams". It is the goal of our staff to provide an educational environment that enables all of our students to connect the content of their classes and involvement in school activities to their personal dreams for the future. To illustrate this, some highlights from the past year are listed below:
- Our AP students' success was 69% by scoring a 3 or better on the exams.
- Three SHS students were awarded the "Give Something Back Foundation" scholarship. This is a select group of students statewide who will receive a full scholarship to the University of Delaware.
- Our Career Pathways in Education, Allied Health, and STEM continue to grow and succeed with many students excited about the opportunities they are provided in these pathways.
- Our Career & Technical Education programs (BPA, Ed Rising, HOSA, and FFA) continue to exceed expectations by winning numerous awards and earning placement in national level competitions. Beginning this year, all of our CTE programs will have embedded work-place training skills during each year of instruction. This is in a continued effort to prepare our students to be successful in their future careers.
- Our Unified Flag Football, Wrestling, and Softball teams earned the title of State Champions. This is a first for UFF and the second in a row for Softball!
We are also excited to utilize Mindfulness and Restorative Practices strategies with our staff and students this year. These strategies will teach our students how to manage their emotions and improve their interpersonal relationships for their overall well-being.
If I can be of assistance at anytime throughout the school year, please feel free to call or email me.
Stacy C. Cook - Principal
The Smyrna School District does not discriminate in employment, educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, marital status, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other protected category or status in accordance with state and federal laws.
Inquiries should be directed to the District Superintendent. 82 Monrovia Ave, Smyrna, Delaware 19977, or telephone (302) 653-8585